Instagram Advertising can be a tricky platform to navigate especially with no prior experience. Here are our top 7 tips for Instagram Advertising:
- Create a content strategy
A content strategy allows you to set goals or objectives you wish to achieve through your content. It’s a plan of how you will create, post, engage in order to maintain a streamlined and practical platform for your target audience.
The three main steps to creating a content strategy are:
- Define your objective/s
- Create content guidelines
- Measure/Analyse effectiveness
- Create great content
Creating content that your target audience will actually engage with is the key to success on Instagram. If you’re thinking that you can just post any old photos and increase followers then think again! Content should be:
- Well-crafted: Mobile technologies are getting better and better every day. With higher megapixels and editing abilities, businesses are easily able to create well-made content. Filters and effects are a great way to enhance your photos and videos and take them to the next level. Take a look at Hyperlapse, layout and VSCOcam for some apps you can use.
- Thought-out: Thinking about the content you are looking to post is a good idea to do BEFORE you post. Think back on your content strategy and make sure that your content is in line with your strategy. Aligning the two will create a more succinct and engaging profile for potential users to engage with
- Use a call-to-action: Using a call-to-action will increase the chances of your content being effective. It is not useful if you post a photo of a company product and offer no link or CTA for Instagram users to purchase that product. Be sure to make your CTA relate to what you are offering, ‘Buy’ for product offerings, ‘Download’ for App installs and so on.
- Tell a story
Telling a visual story through Instagram is another important measure to keep in mind. People want to know that you are a real person with a real offering to give them. Creating themes for your Instagram story will also allow you to categorise content whilst still maintaining your overall story. Story lines (captions) should also be captivating for your audience and reflect the image or video being posted.
- Be a part of the community
The Instagram community doesn’t solely rely on the fact that you will post content and people will communicate with you. Being a part of the community involves engaging with other users content by liking, commenting and sharing. This will in turn allow you to not only follow but be followed as well as spark useful connections with likeminded people.
- Set a budget that works for you and monitor it
Setting a budget for your Instagram advertising is an important step in creating engagement with your content whilst not going overboard. Depending on a number of factors including the size of your business, whether you’ve done Instagram advertising before and what other mediums you are advertising will determine how much you should budget for Instagram advertising.
Once a budget has been set, it is important to measure and analyse how you are tracking throughout the campaign and at the conclusion of the campaign. This will help you budget for future campaigns as well as allow you to make changes if needed whilst the campaign is still running.
- Measure success using analytics
Analysing your Instagram advertising is crucial, how else would you know how your campaign is performing? Using Facebook Ads Manager, you are easily able to track a number of metrics which will show how your campaigns are performing. This will in turn allow you to use more of your budget towards posts that work, add more/reduce your budget, measure clicks, conversions reach and more as well as monitor your campaigns throughout the entire process.
- Target your content to a specific audience
Do you think it is realistic to expect to post a piece of content and for users of all demographics, locations, interests and so on engage with it? Sure, you might receive some response from different audiences, it is important to decide what your target audience is and push your content towards those particular people. By knowing your target audience, you will find that it is much easier to create content suited to that particular demographic.
If you’d like to know more about Instagram Advertising or would like to speak to the team at 360DMG about managing your social media campaigns, Click Here and someone from360dmg will contact you