What is a content strategy?
A content strategy involves developing a plan for the content you will post on social media. Don’t stress if you have already starting using Instagram for your business and don’t have a strategy as it can started at any time.
A content strategy involves coming up with objective/s for you Instagram account as well as clear guidelines as to how you will achieve that particular objective/s.
How to develop a content strategy
In order to develop a content strategy for your Instagram advertising, follow these steps:
- Define what your objective is: What is it you are trying to achieve? Clicks to website, app installs, video views or drive awareness. By setting an objective, you will be able to measure your results against clear and defined goals and understand how you are tracking.
- Decide the guidelines for your content: How do you want to display your content? In this stage, it is important to understand the type of content you would like to post (images, videos or both), will you use a style for your content (such as a particular filter or effect)
- Once you have begun to create content, measure the effectiveness of your ads. Are they resonating with your target audience? Are you reaching your objective? What are competitor brands doing differently to yourself?
How to use a content strategy for your Instagram advertising
Using a content strategy is important for your Instagram advertising to ensure you are reaching your goals and objectives. Without a clear strategy, brands can become lost and unable to resonate with their target audience. Rather, by setting clear guidelines as to what you are trying to achieve from your Instagram advertising, what type of content you will post, what style the content will be in and so on, you will have a better shot at engaging with your audience.
Content strategies are not always correct on the first go and can involve a bit of trial and error to see what your audience responds to best. It is important to monitor and measure the effectiveness of different posts to work out what will work best for your brand if you want a strong shot at appealing to your target audience. A few different areas that are important to keep an eye on include:
- Analysing the number of comments and likes received
- Engagement rate for each post
- Overall follower count
- Branded hashtag mentions
- Location tags
- Best time of day and day of the week is best for audience engagement
- Best format to post in (photo, video, carousel)
If you would like to know more information about creating a content strategy or would like the team at 360DMG to develop a content strategy for you, Click Here and someone from360dmg will contact you. We’ve got the knowledge to manage your digital campaign or steer you in the right direction to manage it yourself.