Every month, more than one billion people visit YouTube and watch over six billion hours of YouTube videos. These are a lot of potential customers for your business to advertise on YouTube. And you can decide where and when your YouTube ads shows up and which of these potential customers see them.
2015 will be the year in which small businesses find success with online advertising. It’ll be the year that the little guy really notices and takes advantage of the fact they can get a better ROI with online ads than they can with TV spots or flyers.
Let’s take a look at YouTube video advertising statistics and see what they can tell us about the huge potentials available for your business through YouTube marketing.
- YouTube receives more than 1 billion unique users every month.
- Over 6 billion hours of content are watched each month.
- In 2013, advertisers spent $5.6 billion on the website.
- In 2011, the site garnered a cumulative 1 trillion views.
- As of 2013, 345 of the Fortune 500 companies have a corporate YouTube account.
- More than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube each and every minute.
- Surprisingly, 80% of all traffic to the website comes from outside the United States.
- 70% of millennials visit YouTube at least once a month.
- Last year, YouTube overtook Facebook as the favourite website for teens.
- Because of its worldwide popularity, YouTube is available in 61 different languages.
- Nielsen says that YouTube now reaches more adults in the United States between the ages of 18 and 34 than any cable network.
- The Partner Program—where people are invited to make money off the content they upload—now has over one million “creators”.
- Of those million creators involved in the Partner Program, several thousand channels bring in revenue in the hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
- YouTube now has over one million advertisers, the majority of what are small businesses.
- Of all those billions of views, 40% of them are from mobile devices. In 2012 that was 25%, and in 2011 it was only 6%.
- The channel with the most subscriptions is the YouTube-run music channel, which now has over 86 million subscribers.
- The YouTube mobile app grew in number of downloads 27% from 2012 to 2013.
- There are at least 60 million YouTube users in China, even though the website technically still remains blocked.
- 60% of all YouTube users come from countries where English is not the primary language.
- Saudi Arabia uses the website the most, adding up 90 million views per day
Are you considering YouTube advertising? The team here at The 360 Degree Marketing Group can help, contact us today, or click the link below to see if you are entitled to 50% off your first campaign's management fee: