Many small business owners may be wondering whether or not to use paid advertising for their services. A host of reasons including limited budget, preconceived misconceptions, and distrust towards advertisers may have prevented them from doing this in the past. However, there are substantial advantages and benefits afforded by paid advertising.
Thirteen reasons why you should invest in advertising:
- First of all, frequent advertising builds brand awareness and exposure.
- If a brand stops advertising, customers may think it is troubled.
- Also, by advertising, a brand can become a thought leader within a certain industry, which reinforces the idea of brand awareness.
- A well-executed campaign can also lead to quick sales, especially if the advertisement gives the customers a call-to-action.
- When the economy is down and companies stop advertising, boosting advertising can go a long way.
- It will give you buying power, giving you more room for negotiation and opportunities for better placement.
- It has been proven by case studies that companies that maintain advertising during recessions have the best results, including increased sales.
- Advertising gives you the edge over your competitors.
- Advertising has the power to influence people.
- It can turn customers’ wants into needs.
- Advertising also gives your product consistent sales throughout the year, lessening the blow of slow periods.
- Furthermore, repeated advertising ensures that your message gets across.
- Lastly, another great benefit of advertising is that it can reach a geographically diverse target audience at a low cost per exposure.
There you have it: thirteen of the most important reasons why you should advertise your brand.
Keep in mind that your advertising is more effective when it’s creative. Creative advertising triggers an emotional response in potential customers, which helps them remember your brand. Also don’t forget that just because you have a customer doesn’t mean you can’t get more of their business by reminding them through advertising of your other products and services that they might enjoy.
It is impossible to know exactly how much your return on investment of your advertising expenditures will be. However, this shouldn’t stop you from investing in advertising. When executed well, advertising has greatly positive returns. Contacting a marketing agency will help you maximize your return on investment. Contact us at The 360 Degree Marketing Group for any questions.
For information on how you can expand your advertising reach to social media, and utilise your social media platforms for marketing purposes, please feel free to download your free copy of our social media checklist by clicking the link below: