Billboard advertising in Sydney is one of the leading and most effective ways to advertise your business. If you are unfamiliar with the process of billboard marketing, one of the first questions that comes to your mind might be, what is the cost?
The costs of putting up a billboard will vary greatly depending on the region that you are choosing to put your advertisement up as well as the size and length of time. The cost can typically average around $20,000 a month all the way up to $100,000, give or take. Before you let that number shock you into not getting a billboard, you need to look carefully at what that cost could get you and your company.
Basic billboard statistics:
- The best source of advertising in the world is television, which tends to reach around 94% of the population of first-world nations.
- The second best source of advertising is billboards, which will reach out to 93% of the population.
- Research shows that there are 53% more cars on the road today than there were 30 years ago, guaranteeing that more people are seeing billboards today than ever.
- With the right placement, more people will see a single billboard than will see the Super Bowl!
- Over 5.5 Billion dollars are spent on outdoor advertising every year with a rise expected in the coming years.
- 64% of outdoor advertising is billboard marketing.
- 15% of outdoor advertising is street furniture.
- 18% is on public transportation (buses, the tube)
- 3% are various other outdoor advertising products.
When you look at those statistics, you can see that billboard advertising is seen by a great deal of people, and therefore, the higher cost is evened out by the numbers of people who see them. There are also other important factors that you should consider before you rule out billboard advertising due to cost.
Billboard advertising works for you twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, all year round. Advertisements in magazines or papers are more often that not thrown away shortly after they are purchased. The price of a 30 second commercial on TV will run you more than a whole month on a billboard. Here are some do's and don'ts in addition to more financial facts for you:
- Billboard marketing is on average 80% cheaper then advertising on television.
- 60% cheaper than newspaper and magazine print ads
- 50% cheaper than short radio advertisement spots.
While all forms of advertising are valuable, and some of the other forms of advertisement (radio, print) may actually hit your target audience more and therefore be better for your company, the financial facts are here for you to make your decision. Billboard marketing is a smart and financially savvy way to spend your advertising money. Other things you must keep in mind before investing in your billboard marketing campaign:
While billboard advertising is an all day, every day form of advertisement, the information that you can place on the board is limited. You want to stick to a six words or less rule, and make sure that you use catchy phrases and pictures to get your point across.
Effective but there are limitations:
Billboards are highly effective advertising. However, they have limitations, and they should not be your only form of marketing. The most effective billboard ads work hand-in-hand with another form of advertisement, allowing them to complement one another.
Know your audience:
As with any form of advertising, you have to know your demographic audience when you advertise with billboards. This will allow you to easily select the size, placement and other details of your billboard. Placement is one of the key factors in the success of billboard advertising. You don’t want an adult-themed product billboard near a children's park, for example.
While you may be initially surprised with the price of the billboard, it is an investment that will pay off in the long run. Having an effective strategy in place will ensure that you get the best bang for your buck.
Discover how you can make the most of your advertising spend by using billboard advertising. Simply download our free Billboard Tip Sheet by clicking the link below: