Before we begin, let's just get this out of the way: nothing compares to genuine interaction. Uploading an actual photo, when creating a personal profile is one of the surest ways to ensure that your profile will get hits. Your Facebook marketing strategy should not only be about brand awareness and recognition is but also getting in touch with people.
Facebook marketing software makes it unnecessary to stay glued to your computer all day. They make it possible to reach a larger audience as most people are active in at least 2 or more social media sites and remove the monotony of posting and reposting the same messages over and over.
Semi automation is the word used when you find yourself overwhelmed by your marketing efforts. There has been a boom in innovation over the past few years. New and better versions of everything are released on an almost daily basis. The cost to manage Facebook is now lower than ever before.
There are thousands of Facebook marketing tools out there to aid you in this endeavor.
But how do you know which one is right for you, your target market and your choice of social network? We have come up with a list of our favourite and free tools to get you started in your semi automation journey.
The top rated free Facebook marketing tools are:
- Mention is designed as a replacement for Google alerts. It’s a joy to use and is a clean and simple way to modify your settings.
- Buffer enables you to share on LinkedIn, Facebook and App.net from one place at set times. Whether you have a link, video, picture or text you can add it to your buffer. It schedules your posts automatically.
- Swayy is a platform that consolidates interesting content onto a dashboard so that you can read what’s trending from one spot. It also has a sharing option which allows you to spread this content to your target audience. You can also schedule sharing times across multiple platforms.
- Rignite is a relatively new tool that allows you to monitor all social media platforms. The dashboard also incorporates tracking and insights.
- If this, then that or better known as IFTTT enables customers to create and share using the statement: if this then that. For example “if someone tags me on facebook, then send me an email’ this combination of a trigger preceded by and action is called a recipe. The service offers triggers and actions for over 56 channels.
- Hootsuite is considered the industry leader in automation tools. However it can be too much work if you aren’t an agency. It allows you to use multiple accounts. It also features an auto scheduler based on computed peak times.
- Compfight is a tool that helps you with your images. Images are a great way to engage with your audience and compfight is a great tool for finding photos that have a creative commons license. It will even find you appropriate HTML code if you need to attribute your photos.
- Sprout Social this Facebook marketing tool provides you with a way to manage your social media efforts as well as grow your presence on social media.
- Woobox helps you create promotions. Create contests, sweepstakes and coupons on this tool and increase your sales.
It is imperative that you practice using these tools before you schedule and draft your posts. One wrong button could mean that a weeks’ worth of posts get posted in a single day. Get used to the platform first. Next you can set regular intervals to send your posts at and keep your online profile engaging and active without necessarily checking in all the time.
Check the comments and engage your followers whenever you can.
Your followers are probably on the same networks as you are so please try not to send the exact content to every social media network you are on. Personalising all your posts is important. Facebook allows longer posts and therefore you can provide more detailed explanations. On the other hand you can use Google+ to share images then share a related eBook on Linkedin.
We cannot be in two places at once. Semi automation helps you to free up your time and engage in other activities while at the same time keeping you up to date and in touch with your social media networks.
For just one example of how we can help you with your Facebook marketing, take a read through one of our case studies by clicking the link below: